Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer Salad Saturdays


Welcome to Summer Salad Saturdays, hosted by Southern Whimsy! Please visit Southern Whimsy for lots more yummy salads!

~~~
I found this pretty serving bowl at Home Goods a couple of weeks ago and thought: Wow, what a pretty bowl I can use for Summer Salad Saturdays!

This is one of my very favorite salads, yet it's so simple. My mom always just calls this "wilted salad." All you do is wash and tear leaf lettuce and dice some green onions. Fry a few strips of bacon, reserving the grease (I know, this isn't the healthiest, but it's one of the few times I use bacon grease for anything). Crumble the bacon into the salad, add salt and pepper, and the reserved (still warm) bacon grease. Yummers! I can eat a whole meal of just this.



1 comment:

  1. Pretty bowl and salad servers too! My husband likes recipes with bacon:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!