Thursday, June 4, 2009

Foodie Friday


Welcome to Foodie Friday, hosted by Michael at Designs by Gollum. Please visit her beautiful blog for lots of culinary inspiration!
~~~
For this week's Foodie Friday, I'm presenting a simple apple tart.



All you need to do is thaw a frozen puff pastry sheet, and then cut it in half or thirds, depending on how wide you want your tarts to be. I cut mine in half. Then just mix very thinly sliced apples with lemon juice, brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Layer the apples onto your tart and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 18 minutes, watching closely toward the end. Sift confectioner's sugar over the tart after you take it out of the oven.

This was delicious as is, but I think I might add some cinnamon next time, or even try pears or peaches instead of the apples.

Hope you've enjoyed this Foodie Friday, and that everyone has a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Is this the one the PW just made? I have to make this and will add some cinnamon as you suggested. Your idea of peaches is excellent. I need to see if I have any frozen pastry in my freezer. You have started a chain reaction now:) Yum!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, yes, I saw this on PW's Web site. I think adding cinnamon would make this extra yummy. And I'm looking forward to trying it with different fruits too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy this looks very appealing. If you put apples in pastry I'll follow you anywhere. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wonderful! I love it and it looks so good! I thought when I saw it, Oh too hard to make! You are a jewel! Love it! I going to the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the simple things in life are best!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This certainly looks wonderful -- I'm going to give it a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may be simple but it sure does look tasty. I have never made a tart because I thought it was hard to do. I love the puff pastry and will have to give this a try. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, so need to try that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In a word--the tart is simple gorgeous. Did you use fresh apples or canned? I will make this for Dr. Gollum tomorrow (he brought home a bunch of apples). Hey, I went to the antique mall today, and I saw a huge antique tray. It doesn't have a "straight" lip like mine, but it has a softer one. It's black and tole. I asked the owner, Laura, if she told you about it, and she said no. I am going back tomorrow and will take a picture of the tray, if you like. Also, Laura said the booth owners (where I found my tray) will be replenishing their booth in the next week or two, so maybe they will bring more trays.

    XX 00

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gollum, I used fresh apples.

    Thanks for keeping on the lookout for a tole tray for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Tammy this sounds sooooo good!I hope you had a happy Foodie Friday and are having a great weekend ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been this twice, which means I have to make it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!