Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Double Post: Tablescape Thursday and Foodie Friday...June Wedding



~~~






Welcome to Tablescape Thursday and Foodie Friday. Please visit our gracious hostesses Susan and Michael to see more participants in these events.

~~~

This week's Foodie Friday's theme is June weddings. And how nice was it of my friends Debbie and Sid to accommodate me and have a June wedding? LOL!

This is a second marriage for both Debbie and Sid, so they wanted to do something small and casual. And since they're going to be honeymooning in the Bahamas, they went with a tropical theme. The wedding and reception took place on Debbie's sister's back patio.

I had seen a post on Kathleen Ellis' wonderful blog about floating tables, and thought it would make a neat cake table for the wedding. I brought my bistro table from my garden and covered it in a white cloth. Next I placed six clear votive cups upside down around the table (these will end up being the support for the glass). Then I put a strand of icicle lights all around the table top and votive cups. Next comes the glass, and voila! You have a floating table!



The cake was so cute, and the little adirondack chairs were edible!


The lady that made the cake also made these yummy little palm tree shaped cookies.


Here are the food tables. Debbie's sisters did most of the food. I brought shrimp ceviche, but didn't think to get a closeup picture of it. You can kind of see my shell-shaped bowl that I used.



And here's the happy couple. Congratulations, Debbie and Sid! May you have many happy years together!

19 comments:

  1. Just love that floating table tip! Thanks for sharing! It's going into my "file" for future use. Blessings to your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off CONGRATS to the happy couple! Second! That cake table! Oh my gosh! I just love that idea! I'm going to have to use it somehow for the spa baby shower I am giving my DIL. Thanks so much!
    Have a good rest of the week!
    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I will have to try this out. Your cake and tables all look wonderful.

    Congratulations to the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the couple! Adore theme party~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tammy !
    You are so sweet to host this event...I think you did fab with the floating table ! Congrats to your friends and yes I hope they have many many great years !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful couple and wonderful tables. Love the idea of the "floating" table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the comforting colors and the cake is adorable! The adirondack chairs are so cute sitting on top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to try that floating table idea. Absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the Happy Couple!!! What a great time they must have had sharing their special day with their friends. Great tables.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have GOT to try the floating table...it is so beautiful. Loved the cake...and Happiness Always to the new couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Tammy!
    Great job!!! what a perfect way to use the "Floating Tablescape"...I'm sure many were impressed with your creativity!

    Thanks for your feedback on the newsletter...so glad you're enjoying it!
    Let me know if you try any of the recipes!

    Have a FABulous weekend!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the darling couple!!! I love the floating table...so pretty!!! The cake is lovely!!!

    Enjoy!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so lovely and festive! The floating table is beautiful! Best wishes and congratulations to the adorable couple!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cake and the table are adorable..Edible chairs..Cheers to the happy couple..

    ReplyDelete
  15. The floating table is great and so is the cake. Congratulations to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderfully personal wedding. Best wishes to the couple and kudos for you. That floating table was an absolute stunner. Thanks for sharing i all with us. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so pretty! Congrats to the couple!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great cake. Love the little Adirondack chairs. So cute. Looks like a lovely wedding.

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous! I love the floating table!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!