Thursday, August 6, 2009

Foodie Friday...Sangria!



Welcome to Foodie Friday! Please be sure to visit our hostess, Michael at Designs by Gollum, for lots more yummy food.


~~~




One of our favorite pasttimes is boating, and a couple of weeks ago, we took along some peach sangria. The Mason jars are not only cute, but very portable.




PEACH SANGRIA


1 bottle white wine (I usually use chardonnay)
1 cup Peach Schnapps
6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Mix together and set aside.

Slice nectarines and divide them among your jars (this recipe will make four pint-sized jars) and then add sangria, leaving a bit of room in each jar. Refrigerate overnight or at least a few hours. Next, wash, dry and freeze green grapes. I add the grapes in when we're ready to pack them up/drink them, so they also serve as ice cubes without diluting your sangria down.


10 comments:

  1. nice, easy & cute!...but grownup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy-We both featured Mason jars! I thought those were olives when I first looked. I do love frozen grapes and the peach sangria is a new twist on an oldie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to serve Sangria! I will be trying this soon. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum - we used to do this too when my husband still had his boat. I love peaches : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun. I will be trying this real soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammy !
    I don't drink....but, those look tempting...and what a great idea ! Do you take them out on your yacht ?
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good, Kammy doesn't drink so I will have hers too. Thanks Kammy.
    Have fun in the sun on the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This drink sounds exotic. a fun drink to serve guests. Mmmmmm. Love it.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!!! your recipe for sangria sounds so refreshing. I will need to try it next time I have a get together. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea. Sangria in mason jars. Sounds yummy!

    Christi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!