Monday, April 27, 2009

Tasty Tuesday ~ Taste of India

Welcome to Tasty Tuesday! Please visit our hostess, Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for lots more yummy food!


~~~




This past Sunday we went to a Taste of India festival in our area. There were lots of dancers performing and food galore.

Here's my son and his girlfriend checking out a food display.
My daughter loved the Indian ice cream.
This is Bhelpuri (lentil & rice snacks in mint and tamarind/date chutney).
This is Dahi Chat Papri (spiced potatoes and chickpeas with tamarind sauce).


This is Tikki Chhole (potato patties with garbanzo beans).
We didn't try these last two, so I didn't catch the names.



There was lots more food that we didn't try.


~~~


My son is vegan, so he loves Indian food -- lots of vegan choices for him. We have a really good local restaurant, Rajput, that has a mostly vegan lunch buffet on Saturdays and we frequent it often.







3 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever had India food. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had Indian once and loved it. I would love to dig into a few more recipes so that when I do my 2 vegetarian meals/week, it's more than just pasta or black beans. :)
    Thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried indian food but have a professor who raves about it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!