Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Target Birds on Holiday...Cincinnati Style


When Susan at Between Naps on the Porch alerted everyone that the Target bird salt and pepper shakers seemed to be flying the coop all over blogland, I figured I’d better check on my little pair. Well, when I went to their usual nesting spot beside their little blue friends, this is what I saw:







As we were getting ready to go away for spring break, I didn’t have time to look for them further, and just hoped for the best, that they would return safely home.


On Thursday afternoon, we loaded up the car, kids and Lucy and prepared to head toward Cincinnati. Right as we got on the interstate, I could hear the rustle of feathers and muffled chirping. It seemed to be coming from the glove box, so I opened it and this is what I saw:






The rascally little devils heard us talking about going away for spring break, and decided to stow along with us! Well, there was no turning back, so we decided to press on.

Over the next five days, my little birdies traveled from Virginia, through West Virginia, into Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. They heard us talking about all of our favorite Cincinnati restaurants, and said they would like to tag along since we were fresh out of worms for them. Here are some of the places they went:


White Castle


Skyline Chili







And finally, they arrived back at their own little nest!










9 comments:

  1. Cute post, Tammy!! Those birds are all having a great time on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you wonder what people thought when they saw all us crazy ladies out taking pictures of salt and pepper shakers.....ooops, the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like they had a great time .. and great food.
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birds made my tummy growl ! Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birds must have gained a few extra ounces after all that food! LOL

    Cute post - thanks for sharing! ~Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute post...those little birds are having the time of their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They could get a show on the Food Network, but they'd have to be careful not to be confused with a menu selection themselves. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy...

    Ohhh my...I bet your little birds traveled the farthest on this little bird Holiday...that was quite the trip! Hehe!!! It also looks like they got to eat at some great places...what fun!!! I just loved the pic of your little birds stowed away in the glove box...how funny!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy, how fun and clever of them to stow away in the glove box! LOL And I'm quite jealous of their feasts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!