It took visits to a few stores, but I finally got the supplies I needed. I found the candlesticks and the hurricane/vases, but couldn't find the tall, slim jar candles at any of the Dollar Trees I visited. We found these prayer candles at an Hispanic grocery store, and they worked great.
Melissa had hot-glued her hurricanes to the candlesticks, but some of the ladies at Gardenweb suggested using G.E. Silicone II clear caulking for windows and doors for a project like this, so that's what I did.
Here are the supplies:
And here's a completed hurricane:
I put mine on my mantle as I already have my centerpiece planned out for my Thanksgiving table, but these would look wonderful on your table too.
The total cost of these hurricanes was approximately $4 each. I placed leaves and nandina berries from my yard in them. What's nice about these is that you can switch out the items around the candle to fit any holiday.
Sorry about the bright picture, but the sun was streaming in my kitchen window. Hey, I won't complain; I love the sunshine! I wanted to post about my two Cracker Barrel finds from last night. This beautiful tureen was half off...
...as was the squirrel salt & pepper shakers...
Visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday. There are sure to be lots of neat before and after projects.